BWUMC members benefit from a vibrant and active Christian education program with a Sunday Church School that serves all of the children and youth of the church and many adults. Elementary and youth fellowship programs encourage spiritual development and Christian values in a fun setting that keeps kids coming back. Adult programs explore biblical, theological and social topics while helping to strenghten our community ties.
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them. Deuteronomy 4:9.
- Children's Church For ages 5 through grade 5: meets during our 10:30 worship on Sundays after the children's sermon and helps to introduce the children to worship and our Christian faith.
- From 9:15 to 10:15, before worship and coffee hour, there are two elementary Sunday School classes: Kindergarten through Grade 2, and Grades 3 through 5, each taught by a team of volunteers from the church.
- Fom 9:15 to 10:15 there are also two youth Sunday School classes: Middle School (grades 6 through 8) and High School (grades 9 through 12). These classes are also taught by teams of dedicated volunteers.
- All youth grades 6 through 12 are welcome to join our Youth Fellowship, whch meets Sundays from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. Youth Fellowship is committed to fun and service!
- BUMC Youth have the opportunity to attend summer camps at one of the three regional Methodist camps:
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples". John 8:31
- Adult Sunday School meets from 9:15 to 10:15 -- our current class is "The Book of Psalms and the Varied Seasons of Our Lives” is taught by Rev. Mike Clark in the Parlor. The beauty and the power and the honesty of Psalms have made it a priceless resource down to the present day. This is an invitation to draw closer to God and one another.
- Discipleship Bible Study has impacted many lives in the United Methodist Church for more than twenty years. This 34-week study requires reading portions of Scripture each week and is based on careful study and preparation. This is taught by Rev. We Chang, and will meet on Sunday late afternoons or evenings.
- Our Women's Book Group meets monthly to discuss the selection of the month.
- During the year lay leaders and clergy offer a variety of other opportunities to explore biblical, spiritual, theological, and social topics.